Today, wafeeq and i came home $20 poorer after joining the PES tournament at icc. we could've won easily, but luck wasnt on our side. i repeat, luck wasnt on our side. It was our first time joining such tournament.
I was pretty pumped up when i went there. Until i saw those gamers with their 'hahahha-u-suck-im-a-gamer-and-you're-not' look. I got nervous. And when im nervous, everything goes wrong.
so my name was called, it was my turn to play;
I started the game quite positively controlling the game, moving the ball around swiftly. Then i conceded an early goal after being counter-attacked. But i kept on attacking. my opponent could barely breathe under pressure. then there he is again on the counter attack and another goal conceded by me. my confidence was crushed after the 2nd goal and it all went wrong from then on. final score: 4-1
second game;
i was much more determined in this match as i thought to myself i need to win the remaining matches to qualify. It was a goal fest. I equalised the game and took the lead halfway through the first half. the score was levelled 5 minutes after i had my lead. Then i scored, he(my opponent)scored, i scored again, he scored again. 4-4 now. As we entered injury time, my opponent was on the attack. Ronaldinho fetched Deco's defence-splitting pass, dribbled past my keeper and WALKED his way into goal. Padih rasanya bui. It was like rubbing salt on my wound. final score: 5-4
last game;
I was playing against a bokh-like human being. I had no chance of qualifying now as i lost my previous games. so i was just playing for pride. This opponent was the hardest amongst ourselves, so i was told. But he, wasnt as good as i thought he would be. i thought i would get total ownage. but no. The first half ended 0-0 and i took the lead through Wayne Rooney few minutes into the second half. My opponent panicked, i was cool. Then, with two-playing minutes to go, my opponent came on the attack desperate for a goal; his adriano skipped past one defender, fired a long range shot and got the equaliser. My opponent jumped off his chair and rubbed his chest continously in relief. kick-off, again. I passed the ball to my C.Ronaldo and dribbled his way into the penalty box easily. ronaldo shooooots! and it hits the cross-bar. bummer. final score: 1-1
im out,
siNajibAdaAstroSemula