Last saturdayy…
After hitting the showers around 10am, I put on my clothes and called Naveen,
“yo Nav, you going bowling later?”
“err.. saya tidada pasti punya lah.*giling-giling kepala* My mom say we don’t have enough bowls for bowling”
Hatiku pun berkata, ‘babal jua kawanku sekong ani ah’
So I said,
“apakan. Bowling bah, yang pakai bula ahh. Yang hit the pins atu. Come eh, its gonna be fun ni”
“owh. Heheheheh I thought bowling yang lain, ‘cause in my country, we–“
I hung up the phone before he could even finish.
At exactly 14seconds after 1.03pm, I arrived at Utama Bowling. That was my first time there. I was excited, kinda. Pasal ada jollibee. And Kwang. And Izzat.
I pushed the door of the entrance and entered. There were lots of people there, bowling, sitting down eating and all. I couldn’t focus my eyes on anything, I gave the place a quick look and made my way back outside. I did not see anyone I know, so I assumed no one was there. I decided to wait for the others outside.
Then, my mind changed. I head my way back in and approached the counter. Keeping my cool, I spoke to the dude.
“yo pakcik, lane sepuluh ah. Kasut saiz sembilan. Pilihkan yang inda brapa haing lah baunya”
The dude did not reply. Its either he had a bad day, or he was too shy to let me hear his squeaky voice. He gave me the pair of bowling shoes I wanted.
I put on the shoes and stood up to the place-where-they-put-all-the-colourful bowling balls. I picked up the ball and stuck my fingers into the three holes of the ball. I stood up to the lane. I took a deep breath, and rolled the ball towards the pins at quite a pace.
It was a bad start to the game. Just 5 strikes in a row. Sigh.
Soon, the others came. Namely si Kumis, Najmi,Izzat, kwang, silah, izzy and Naveen. And Ehsan.
We used two lanes. Najmi nearly got kicked out of the building after breaking the 3rd bowling ball of the day. Naveen is not gifted at bowling, not at all. Kwang and izzy were like the king and queen of bowling. The others were great too, though ada yang bulanya sampat lagi mencabut bulu ketiak barutah sampai ke ujung.
After two easy games for me and kwang, we got tired. we were trying to make the ball curve. Najmi did it well, but inconsistent. Skali, all of a sudden, Izzat voiced out,
“Eh! Aku ada idea! Cuba tani surung si naveen towards the pins! Kau naveen, slide on ur chest lahh, macam urang main bula celebrate ah”
We all agreed. So we all carried Naveen. I swear, it wasn’t as easy as said. Hahah.
One.. two.. three.. we threw naveen. There he was on air, with his tongue sticking out and at the same time, licking his own beard. Everything seemed to be in slowmotion. And soon, naveen shouted like the mad Indian he is inside,
“AIYOYOOOOOOOO!”
After hitting the showers around 10am, I put on my clothes and called Naveen,
“yo Nav, you going bowling later?”
“err.. saya tidada pasti punya lah.*giling-giling kepala* My mom say we don’t have enough bowls for bowling”
Hatiku pun berkata, ‘babal jua kawanku sekong ani ah’
So I said,
“apakan. Bowling bah, yang pakai bula ahh. Yang hit the pins atu. Come eh, its gonna be fun ni”
“owh. Heheheheh I thought bowling yang lain, ‘cause in my country, we–“
I hung up the phone before he could even finish.
At exactly 14seconds after 1.03pm, I arrived at Utama Bowling. That was my first time there. I was excited, kinda. Pasal ada jollibee. And Kwang. And Izzat.
I pushed the door of the entrance and entered. There were lots of people there, bowling, sitting down eating and all. I couldn’t focus my eyes on anything, I gave the place a quick look and made my way back outside. I did not see anyone I know, so I assumed no one was there. I decided to wait for the others outside.
Then, my mind changed. I head my way back in and approached the counter. Keeping my cool, I spoke to the dude.
“yo pakcik, lane sepuluh ah. Kasut saiz sembilan. Pilihkan yang inda brapa haing lah baunya”
The dude did not reply. Its either he had a bad day, or he was too shy to let me hear his squeaky voice. He gave me the pair of bowling shoes I wanted.
I put on the shoes and stood up to the place-where-they-put-all-the-colourful bowling balls. I picked up the ball and stuck my fingers into the three holes of the ball. I stood up to the lane. I took a deep breath, and rolled the ball towards the pins at quite a pace.
It was a bad start to the game. Just 5 strikes in a row. Sigh.
Soon, the others came. Namely si Kumis, Najmi,Izzat, kwang, silah, izzy and Naveen. And Ehsan.
We used two lanes. Najmi nearly got kicked out of the building after breaking the 3rd bowling ball of the day. Naveen is not gifted at bowling, not at all. Kwang and izzy were like the king and queen of bowling. The others were great too, though ada yang bulanya sampat lagi mencabut bulu ketiak barutah sampai ke ujung.
After two easy games for me and kwang, we got tired. we were trying to make the ball curve. Najmi did it well, but inconsistent. Skali, all of a sudden, Izzat voiced out,
“Eh! Aku ada idea! Cuba tani surung si naveen towards the pins! Kau naveen, slide on ur chest lahh, macam urang main bula celebrate ah”
We all agreed. So we all carried Naveen. I swear, it wasn’t as easy as said. Hahah.
One.. two.. three.. we threw naveen. There he was on air, with his tongue sticking out and at the same time, licking his own beard. Everything seemed to be in slowmotion. And soon, naveen shouted like the mad Indian he is inside,
“AIYOYOOOOOOOO!”
and there we were cheering for the indian dude. god bless you Naveen.
im out,
siNajibBowls
ps: updated. zgheah.
pps: bayar baju yang alum ah
ppps: ...
pppps: apaan jibbb